Posts Tagged ‘Holiday Best Stamp Set’
May is National Scrapbooking Month, so it's only fitting that I actually have a Scrapbook Project to share with you! My Mother in Law asked me to make a blank Scrapbook for a lady that she works with who is retiring. She wanted a poem that she had picked out to be the front page, and then wanted the book filled with minimally decorated pages that had lots of room for people to write her letters as a keepsake. The woman who was being given the book is an avid birdwatcher, so the paper and big shot die was picked out to go along with that.
As always, I have a terrible time getting good scrapbook pictures!
I decorated the album with some ribbon…
The first Poem Page..
One of the layouts for people to sign…
Another layout for people to sign – there were 25 pages like these – I just alternated between Garden Green and Certainly Celery for the background, and changed the Designer Paper strips from page to page…
WHAT TO ORDER:
Certainly Celery Cardstock (105125), Garden Green Cardstock (102584), Tempting Turquoise Cardstock (102067), So Saffron Cardstock (105118), Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Flock Together Designer Series Paper (114018), Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109038), Masterpiece Ribbon Originals (116230), Orchard Ribbon Originals (116232), Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439) and Birds and Branches Decorative Strip Die (114529)
- To watch the Spring Retreat Highlights Video Here!
- To register for the May Card Making Class!! Click Here for more details!!
- To order from the Clearance Rack Today!!! Click Here to get started!!
- To join the Stampin' Up! Family and receive two FREE Technique DVDs! Click Here for more details! Contact Me to get started today!
- To order your favorite Retiring Stampin' Up! Colors before they are gone forever! Click Here for more details!
- To place a qualifying order to receive FREE Designer Brads! Click Here for more details!
- To order your May Card Kit of the Month!! Click Here for more details!
Back in September, we had an All-Day Stamp Fest for my downline members at my In-Home Stamping Studio. One of the highlights for me was a SWAP where we exchanged 16 Card Fronts! There were many wonderful SWAPs shared, but as you know, I like to keep some things "exclusive" for my girls — so I'll be sharing just one of the SWAPS with you here on my blog! This SWAP was made my creative guru, Jen Rios Raner!
ALY'S HELPFUL HINTS:
- Why is our Big Shot Die Cutting Machine the best on the market? Well, there are MANY reasons, but just one is it's versatility. It can cut through 50 different materials (see listing below)! Here, it was cut through a chipboard coaster at the same time it was cut through the Brushed Gold Cardstock. Perfect covered chipboard every time! No cutting, no line up hassle.
- Embossing gives this card an extra edge – and picks up the Gold Brad Accents beautifully!
- The "thanks" emblem is one of our Embosslit Dies – another thing the Big Shot can do – cut AND emboss all in one roll!
- To get two colors with this die is super easy! Just crank through both Whisper White and Dusty Durango cardstock, and then punch out the "thanks" sentiment with the Modern Label Punch (yes, it lines up perfectly! You've got to L-O-V-E Stampin' Up!'s coordination!) and layer it on top!
- Paper Piercing is no chore when you use the Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool – and those simple little dots add so much to your card!
- The word "give" is on a stamp with other images and words – how do you emboss just the one word? Color over the rubber with a VersaMarker just where you want the Embossing to be!
WHAT CAN THE STAMPIN' UP! SIZZIX BIG SHOT CUT THROUGH?
WHAT TO ORDER:
Stampin' Up! Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Stampin' Up! Thanks Embosslit Die (115957), Stampin' Up! Alphabet Simple Letters Die Set (115960), Holiday Best Stamp Set (Hostess Exclusive – Book a Workshop or place an order totaling $150 or more!), Whisper White Cardstock (100730), Dusty Durango Cardstock (115321), Earth Elements Textured 12×12 Cardstock (108697), Brushed Gold Cardstock (102935), Cottage Wall Designer Paper (115671), Gold Brads (104337), Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (109051), Modern Label Punch (116630), Gold Embossing Powder (109129), Heat Tool (100005), VersaMarker (100901), Mat Pack (105826), Paper Piercer (116631), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive (110755) and Gold Elastic Cord (109867)
- To Sign Up for the FREE Class Night coming up on November 12th – Click Here!
- To Sign Up for the GRAND Christmas Card Class coming up on November 21st – Click Here!
- To schedule your Complementary Christmas Card Designing Appointment – Click Here!
- To place your qualifying order for a FREE Decor Element – Click Here!
- To Order your November Card Kit of the Month – Click Here!
Have you signed up yet for FREE Class Night? It's coming up on Thursday November 12th – just a few days away! I've already shared the Serene Snowflake Elegance Card that we'll be making that night, and here's the second card that will be taught!
For more details and/or to sign up for this Girls Night Out taking place in Rochester NY, Click Here!
Aren't able to come to the FREE Class Night? Order the supplies and make it on your own! Here's what you'll need…
WHAT TO ORDER:
Holiday Best Stamp Set (115364), Stampin' Up! Textured Impressions Folder Petals-A-Plenty (116824), Stampin' Up! Sizzix Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Sahara Sand Cardstock (105328), Sahara Sand Classic Ink (105208), Whisper White Cardstock (100730), More Mustard Classic Ink (103162), Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker (100079), Ruby Red Stampin' Write Marker (100075), Ruby Red Cardstock (102030), More Mustard Cardstock (100946), Old Olive Patterns Designer Series Paper (112160), Earth Elements Brads (106955), Filigree Designer Brads (112577), Scallop Square Punch (112081), Ornament Punch (116794) and Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Welcome to the 8th day of our Fall Frolic Stamping Event! Today's project is a quick and easy little Fall Treat idea.
I'm going to be honest – this little project was 100% about these Jelly Beans and really, I didn't care so much about the stamping part! I saw these Jelly Beans at the grocery store and it was love at first sight… I was just smitten with their colors and knew I had to have them. But since I can't eat them (South Beach Diet), I had to be creative with them instead and just stare at them… soooo… I found this little jar in my "closet of crap" (which has actually gotten a lot cleaner!) and thought it would work perfectly. I filled the Jelly Beans and said "OK! Done!" Then I said "Ok…. I guess I really should do SOMETHING with it…" so did a little bit of altering and tinkering. Nothing fancy, but my oh my are those Jelly Beans beautiful all own their own…
ALY'S HELPFUL HINTS:
- Find beautiful Jelly Beans. That's really the "must" of this project.
- To stamp on acetate or glass, you'll want to use StazOn Ink so that the ink dries in your lifetime! Here, I used the White StazOn which gives a nice etched glass look as well.
- If you goof stamping with StazOn and want a "do-over" — just use StazOn Cleaner and Paper Towel directly on your mistake, let it dry, and you're good to try again!
- Mini Glue Dots are a wonderful way to help keep your ribbon where you want it to be, wrapped firmly around the tin.
WHAT WAS USED:
Holiday Best Hostess Stamp Set (115364), Chocolate Chip 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (115617), Hemp Twine (100982), StazOn Cleaner (109196), White StazOn Ink Pad & Refill (106960), and Mini Glue Dots (103683)
AND… it’s time to announce the winner of the THIRD Fall Frolic Blog Candy Giveaway!
The WINNER of the FREE Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper Sampler is…
Nancy, e-mail me by Noon tomorrow to claim your prize, Congratulations!!
Thank you to everyone who participated in Fall Frolic this week!!! I had so much fun sharing all of these Fall Ideas with you.
But we're not done with daily ideas! A NEW Week Long Online Stamping Event at www.alystamps.com starts up TOMORROW! Join me tomorrow morning as we start "STAMP OUT BREAST CANCER!!!!" There will be daily project ideas, exclusive card kits, donations being made to the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (with your help!), FREE gifts with support and FREE give-aways!